Sunday, February 11, 2007

Boogers, A Birthday and Poetry

Warning - Grossness Alert!!!
If you are feeling nauseated for any reason, do not proceed because this will only make it worse.

The other day, I caught Michael sticking his finger up his nose and then trying to clean it off with his mouth. Hoping to nip a potential bad habit in the bud, I told him, "We don't eat our boogers!! That's gross." Well a couple days after that, I saw that more clarification was necessary. He obviously still thinks there may be nutritional possibilities coming out of his nose.

I was trying to merge onto a busy freeway (always a good time for someone to need help in the back seat) when Michael hollered, "I have hamburgers!"

Me - "What?"

Michael - "I need tissue. Get hamburgers out of my nose."

Me - "Oh, you mean you have BOOGERS. I'll get you a tissue in a minute."

Michael - "Yes, I have bagels."

On another note,

I had a birthday this past week. It was lovely. Here is a picture of the dinner Stan and the girls made - Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, veggies and Greek Lemon Cake for dessert. It was all delish.

The kids gave me beads, a small blue dish, and more beads. Stan gave me a string of Akoya pearls.


And last, but far from least, is some poetry. We haven't had much rain this winter so everyone was excited when we woke up to the sounds of dripping water this morning. Before she even ate breakfast, Rachel, with a little help from Heather, composed the following -

Pitter, patter everyone,
Pitter, patter to the sun,
And maybe it will rain.

Call the clouds to come o’er here,
‘Cause right now the sky is clear,
And hope that it will rain.

Get galoshes from the garage,
And umbrella, try to dodge,
The maybe coming rain.

Look, behold! It’s dripping now,
Do a dance and then a bow,
We finally have the rain.



No comments: