Saturday, April 30, 2011

Senior Prom

The big day is finally here! I think Summer and I spent at least five hours at the fabric store figuring her dress out. She chose the purple fabric for the sash to match a pair of my shoes that she wanted to wear. I finished sewing yesterday. Isn't she lovely?

She made the flowers at her waist. She got the idea for the poofs by her hips from a dress she saw a Macy's.

Anthony came to pick her up with more flowers for both of them.

Summer's corsage was easy to put on. It had an elastic wristband.

Anthony's boutonniere, on the other hand, came with two BIG pins. Don't worry, no blood was drawn.

Don't they look schnazzy?

5 comments:

sjones said...

She is Beautiful! I love her dress too, great job on sewing it!
I had an elastic wrist corsage too, I think its much more comfortable.

Allison said...

Wow, you are such a great sewer! The girls are lucky to have you to make these custom dressed, very pretty.

AES said...

Thanks :) She was happy with it, which makes me happy.

Christine said...

Impressed with the dress :) They both look great together! hope they had fun!

AES said...

Thanks :)

Summer came home so happy - she had a wonderful time :)