Monday, July 31, 2006

What Michael is Saying

Here are some of the things Michael has been saying that make us smile.

When he is bored or frustrated, he likes to make a truck sound over and over. The other day, he wanted gum and I wouldn't let him have any (see "Calling Poison Control...Again"). I thought he'd had enough for at least this month, if not the year. Anyway, off and on for about two hours, he mumbled over and over, "Some gum, brrmm, brrmm."

The other day, I was lying down with him until he went to sleep and I thought success was mine. I was just easing my way out of his presence when, without even opening his eyes, he patted the pillow next to him and said, "Right there." So much for freedom.

When he wants to be where someone else is, he is semi-polite. He will grunt, "Excuse me!" as he pushes you onto the floor.

And our favorite is, today, when ever anyone asks him what his name is, he says, "Grandma." So now we know who he looks up to most in the world.

No comments: