Sunday, August 20, 2006

Catch Up

A week and a half ago, someone took my purse. I was buckling Michael into his car seat, and they grabbed it off the front seat of the car. I didn't even see them. Anyway, I've been busy canceling credit cards, filing a police report and replacing my license, cell phone, glasses, etcetera, etcetera, instead of blogging. What a pain.

Here is Rachel with the guitar she bought at a yard sale for $25. She figured out how to play "Come, Come Ye Saints" on her own, just fooling around with it.


A few days ago, I let the three youngest play in the backyard in their pjs while I made breakfast. Kelly came in and announced they had been making dirt clouds. I could see something had been going on since the roots of her hair were dark enough to look like she'd had a bad dye job.

It didn't prepare me for Michael, however, who got the majority of the precipitation, as a result of being closest to the ground. Bath time came before anyone was allowed to eat.

I can't remember the occasion, but this was too cute to leave out.

No one gets in trouble around here anymore. Instead of being reprimanded, the kids are told to , "Hold still, so I can get a picture for the blog."

Gwen had a birthday a week ago. She made it easy for me in the cake baking department and asked for donuts. She is seven and more fun than ever to have around.

Michael thought this glue stick was lip gloss. :)

I made cookies and left them for the family and the missionaries to eat for dessert while Heather and I went to Enrichment Mtg. I guess they were a bit rich, because when I came home, Summer and Rachel had each left a sign on opposite sides of the bag of cookies. It was not a problem, though. I took the leftovers to Mutual and the YW polished them off.

No comments: