Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hiking in St. George

It has been a while since I've sat down to blog and I've missed my creative outlet. I looked at all the pictures I've taken in the interim and there were only a handful (so that's two creative outlets I've been neglecting). Here are the best ones.

We went to St. George to visit family over Thanksgiving and one of the things we love to do whenever we are there is to hike with the cousins. This time, we went to a place in town called The Narrows. It has lots of unearthly (at least to this East Coast raised girl) red rock formations for the kids to explore. Rumor has it that the local boys take their prospective fiancés there to see if they can squeeze through one long crevice in the rock. If they can't, they are supposedly not marriage material. I wisely decided to sit it out this year, as I am as unmarriageable as they get and I would have gotten stuck fast by the belly. Michael had fun picking up and throwing rocks while he kept me company.

Here are the kids, ours and some of their cousins, working up an appetite in preparation for the turkey and pie the next day.

Here is Stan, just as he showed up on a hill overhead. Isn't that blue sky beautiful? I would love to be able to live in St. George from November to April. Maybe when I grow up I can be a snowbird...

No comments: