Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Little India

I've been busy getting ready for Christmas, but I took the day off (except for writing on Christmas cards in a parking lot - story to come later). First, we all went to the dentist for Summer to get her tooth pulled (I plan the funnest things for school vacations, don't I?) and then we headed to Little India - four blocks of restaurants and shops that took us five hours to get our fill of.

The first place we went into was an aquarium store.

Then, we wandered around trying to decide where to eat lunch. A buffet sounded fun, but the ones we could afford looked icky and the Health Dept. thought so as well. We ended up ordering three meals, plus extra naan, rice and two lassis - rose and mango - to share. We asked them to make it mild, but we were still grateful for the lassis to cool our mouths.

We walked and shopped, buying beads and bangles until we made it to a shopping center that had stone elephants at the entrance to the parking lot. We were there to get dessert at a place that served saffron and mango ice cream, among other flavors.


This is why Michael wasn't in the elephant picture, but he woke up in time to share my ice cream.

So, if you've made it this far, you maybe are wondering about the Christmas card story. Here it is. Well, OK, let me preface it with the lame excuse of being perpetually exhausted combined with being pregnant and the baby living off what few brains cells I possess. We got to Little India @ 10:30 and most of the places we wanted to go didn't open until 11, so I told everyone to sit tight in the car while I wrote in Christmas cards. I had most of them done, when Gwen asked me why I was writing 2007 in the top corner of each of them. Good question!

No comments: