Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This is why Stan is glad I don't drag him along on errands!


So, I went to the post office yesterday twice. The first time was to put all our Christmas cards in the early pickup slot to feed my unrealistic optimism about everyone getting them by Christmas. The second time was right when they opened to mail off a couple of packages. I also wanted to ask if I could return the 60 extra stamps I had left after putting postage on the aforementioned cards. I don't know WHY I thought we sent 100 cards each year when we really only send 50. I just didn't remember from last year, didn't take the time to check the list (how unSanta of me - he would have checked twice) and obviously have an overblown idea of how many friends we have.



Anyway, I had just takenmy place at the end of the long line and saw someone approaching the Automated Postal Center. I said, "Excuse me, are you buying stamps?" She was and was gracious enough to buy 40 of my extras, which was a good thing, since of course the USPS was not going to give me cash back for my extra stamps. The gentleman who helped me suggested I use the rest on my sister's Christmas package, which were my thoughts exactly. So it is on it's way to her house with - count 'em - 32 stamps.



1 comment:

A&J said...

So that explains it.