Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No More Pacifiers

Naomi has been asking to go to the "cake store" about 15 times a day for the last week and a half, so I made her a deal. I'd bake her a cake and she would throw out ALL her pacifiers. She took me up on it. She put her pacifiers in the trash and we took it out to the curb. Then we had a three layer triple chocolate fudge cake with chocolate whipped cream filling and chocolate glaze icing to celebrate.

While she was eating, she kept saying, "Own cake." We were lucky she shared with us.

The next morning, we were up early watching the garbage truck take the trash away and waving at the driver. She's asked for them a couple of times and has needed extra hand holding at bedtime, but overall has handled the change pretty well.



5 comments:

42snazoo said...

It's your last pacifier weening!!! How do you feel?

AES said...

Happy, but I'll be ecstatic when I am done with my last potty training!

Unknown said...

Amen to no more diapers! I would give up something too for a fancy cake like that! Need the recipe!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Hey, I should try that with Ev!! What a good idea!

AES said...

We did it first with Gwen. She loved the cake and balloons so much on her second birthday, she kept asking for another party - so we had a pacifier party - cake, balloons, the works. Naomi was easier because all she cared about was the cake, and more cake :)