Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a mother. Even though some days it seems like a thankless job, today it sure doesn't. I am being spoiled rotten.

I said that out loud when I wandered into the kitchen while Stan and Summer were cooking dinner and Stan said,

"No, you were rotten when we got you."

The spoiling started Thursday when Stan brought me flowers. Being a botanist, he has superior taste in flora :)

Then, on Saturday, he said he would take care of everything and I could do whatever I wanted - bliss! I sewed. I wanted, optimistically, to finish my entire mending basket, plus a couple of projects. I didn't get all the way there, but I had a lot of fun trying. I made a curtain for the little bathroom...

...a pillow from some embroidery Heather made for me , a skirt for myself...

... and everything from the mending basket that took thread that wasn't white.

Mr. Amazing really did handle everything AND he painted the laundry room purple, with the kids' help, for a Mother's Day gift.

Today, Heather made pancakes all by herself (they were delish) while Stan made bacon and eggs and everyone brought me breakfast in bed. Stan bought real maple syrup to go on them, which I haven't had in years. It is a treat that brings me back to my childhood in New Hampshire.

For dinner this evening, Stan and Summer did all the cooking. I wandered around the house taking pictures for the blog. Summer did not want me to take this picture, but after much negotiation, she agreed to let me blog it :)

They made Ham a la King...

...and cranberry almond salad...yum!

All the kids gave me cards, Heather and Kelly each gave me books of artwork and the kids gave me one box of chocolates and Stan gave me another one. See what I mean about being spoiled?

Thanks, family, I love you all!!!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, a whole weekend of being spoiled? I'm so jealous, how nice to have a day to do whatever you wanted.