Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The Beach in the Winter

For Christmas, my parents gave Stan and me a gift card to Bed and Breakfast.com (Thanks Mom and Dad!). I found a place in Anaheim that gave us two rooms for the price of one. It was so much fun. The kids and I left after school and ate take out Chinese. Then, while we waited for Stan to get there from work, the kids played in the pool. Stan and I had one room and we put the kids in another with a stack of DVDs from the library. I like having responsible teenagers :)

The next morning, we stuffed ourselves with "Light Continental Breakfast" and headed to the beach. I love going to the beach in the winter. It is much less crowded for one thing and for another, I wouldn't want to wait all year and only go in July!

Naomi wore her new birthday sunglasses from Rachel.

They hadn't cleaned the sand that day, so there were piles of little, mostly broken shells. We had fun looking through them. Michael collected worm casings...

...and I was like a kid picking up shells.

Here are a couple of good looking birds...

...and here is a picture Summer took.

Doesn't it look cold? It wasn't too bad, but I didn't swim, anyway!


4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, i hope we get to go to the beach while we are there this summer!!

Love, Mom

Mom said...

That is really a great picture, Summer. I love the colors and the lines.

Love, Grandma

AES said...

We're going! We are definitely are going!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Nice! I love the beach. Great pictures too.