Sunday, March 07, 2010

Stuff and Nonsense

Here's the stuff -

Heather and Gwen are in the Elementary Festival Orchestra and they had their pre-Festival concert this past week. It is kind of like a dress rehearsal. The high school orchestra also played, but Summer was hidden behind even more music stands than Heather and Gwen are, so I gave up trying to get a picture of her that night :)

We have had a cold running through the house and on the day I was sickest and also had way too much to do to even think about resting, Stan brought me some get well flowers and a muffin to cheer me up - it worked!

Mmmm!

And here's the nonsense, some Moisms -

Naomi was in the habit of sitting on my lap during family prayer and I told her when she was three, she would be big enough to kneel like her siblings. I talked about it for months and she was well prepared. She was excited about it when the time came, but the novelty has worn off and she has been trying to convince me to let her sit on my lap again for prayer. Lately, almost every time we kneel for prayer, she looks me straight in the face and says,

"I am not three anymore; I am two."

~and~

Last night for dinner, Summer made pasta Alfredo mixed with olives, red peppers and asparagus. She also baked some sweet potatos, fried some kielbasa and steamed some corn. Two thirds of the way through dinner, Michael announced, "Do you know what my favorite vegetable is? Corn!" Naomi, not wanting to be left out, asked me if I knew what HER favorite vegetable was. I said, "No, what?" She said,

"That," and pointed at the kielbasa.



1 comment:

Alyssa McVey said...

Mo is too funny! Good for Summer for being such a great cook!