Sunday, July 11, 2010

The 3rd of July

Our ward had a pancake breakfast...

(here's Michael making a face while we were there because he is a cheeseball)

...and then we went to the beach.


While I loathe seaweed, Gwen collects it, every time we visit the beach. I don't mind as long as she doesn't make me hold it on my lap on the way home...

We left Summer, Rachel and Heather in Utah for a couple weeks and got to have our niece and cousin, Nikki, as an exchange daughter. She was a lot of fun to have around and the main reason we went to the beach. The beach is always worth the trip, but this look on her face was the icing on the cake.

Here I am being boring, just sitting in the shade, but Stan and I both went swimming later.

We also drove around to the nearby campgrounds to get an idea of where we might want to camp near the beach - any advice?

1 comment:

Tori said...

Camping at the Beach has gotten so expensive! Warren's family has 3 beach front sites, 2 for 3 days and 1 for 2 days... over $500 dollars! We always go to Doheny, but we really like it up at Carpenteria near Santa Barbara.