Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book for VT and Books for RS

It took me a while after the class I went to in June, but I finally made some more covers for Coptic bound books. I gave the first one I completed to a sister I visit taught who moved away, as a goodbye gift. I tried inlaying an image from the endpapers, but I was I little off, hence the glitter.


My next adventure in bookmaking was figuring out Japanese stab binding (I don't know if I really got it right, but I approximated it enough to work) to make some small notebook sized books for sisters who attended my Relief Society class on scripture study to stitch and use with their scriptures.

These were the samples I came up with.

This is what the preparation looked like.

Here are the two books I stitched during class to show the sisters how to do it. It was fun to figure out and then to teach :)

I plan to make more books, lots more I hope, so I started another blog just for them so that this blog doesn't get cluttered up with my hobbies. I am a bit shy about it, so I don't want to put the url here, but if you are interested, leave a comment, email or call and I will send you on over :)

6 comments:

Alyssa McVey said...

I'm interested! I want to see more! :)

Christine said...

I would love to learn how! I'm always up for learning new crafts!

Summer said...

The peacock book is so pretty!

AES said...

Thanks, Sweetie :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Yay another bookbinding enthusiast! Coptic is my FAVORITE!!

AES said...

I can see why...it is a lovely binding :)

You have made some beautiful books, Paige! I was excited to find your blog and see another bookbinding enthusiast :) in So Cal...it seems like so much of the interest is up near San Fransisco...