Saturday, September 10, 2011

It was NOT my day.

Last week, I was making myself a lovely hot fudge sundae, scooping the ice cream, heating the hot fudge in the microwave, and watching the hot fudge explode all over my kitchen. It splattered from the ceiling to the floor and everywhere in between.

I guess wiping up all that hot fudge up got me in a mood, because I decided to clean out my fridge, including taking the shelves out, washing them in warm soapy water and watching two of the four explode...self destruct...and fly all over the kitchen. Poor Michael even got hit and cut (just a tiny bit) by flying refrigerator shelf shrapnel.


Ugh.


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! That is SO NOT supposed to happen!

Christine said...

Crazy :( not fun at all! Those are little pieces too it's not just like it cracked! Wow!

AES said...

Freaky, huh? I guess tempered glass is really strong until...it loses it's temper?

I have washed those shelves the same way for the last twelve years we had the fridge...oh well.

Alyssa McVey said...

My goodness, that's awful! I hate days like that. I hope the fudge was worth it!