Monday, November 07, 2011

Seven Billion and Counting and Counting and...

Amid news reports this past week and a half that the world population has reached 7 billion, I had a couple of budding demographers in the back seat of the car while I went to the drive through atm at the bank this morning.

This is what I heard -

Michael - There are more than 9 people in the world you know.

Naomi - I kno-o-o-w! There is more like a hundred and one!

Michael - No, more like a hundred and fifty five!!!

Naomi - I'm going to count. I'm going to count ALL the people I see. One, two, three, four...

Michael - Some of those are just car seats. Don't count the empty car seats!

Naomi - ...five, six...

Michael - I am going to write it down and whoever gets the most wins.

Naomi - I got up to seven!



Michael ended up counting to 56 by the end of our trip, but he admits he still doesn't know how many people there are in the WHOLE world.