Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Naomi's Kindergarten Graduation Letter

Naomi had her kindergarten graduation a few weeks ago. Summer was home and able to go with me. For part of the graduation, the parents read a letter to their child and, of course, I had waited until the last minute to write it. I ended up dictating it to Summer, while I barreled down the freeway in the tail end of rush hour traffic. When someone wouldn't let me into the carpool lane, I uttered an exclamation of disgust, which Summer helpfully included in the letter. See if you can find it. Summer also had fun with spelling while she took down what I was saying and I have retained her creativity below.

 
Here it is -


Dear Naomi,

Daddy and I are so proud of you. You have worked so hard during your first year of school. You are reading wonderfully and it is fun for us to see you read so many books! We are especially grateful that you read your scriptures every night.

 Keep up the good work, keep doing your best in school and you will be able to go to kollege like your older seesters.

We love you so much! You are such a fun part of our family Ahhh, curses! Foiled again! We love your hugs, kisses and snuggles. It is great how you love to organize things, how you are good at HIKING, how you don't give up when things get hard, and your bubbbbly sense of humor.

Congratulations on graduating from kindergarten. You R a great girl.

Love,

Mom and Dad

2 comments:

Christine said...

That hilarious! Did she wonder why there were "curses" in her letter ;)

AES said...

Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to skip that part when I read it out loud, but it would have made kindergarten graduation more interesting if I had read the whole thing :)