Monday, January 08, 2007

Our Weekend

Before we get into the weekend, we all want to say, Happy Birthday Aunt Sara!

I started off Saturday by making pumpkin muffins for breakfast. Michael wanted to be with me, so I hefted him up onto the counter and let him watch the birds eat their breakfast outside while I made ours.
We like to do something physical together as a family Saturday mornings. Sometimes we play soccer, sometimes badminton, but today we decided to go for a walk. I wanted new scenery, so we drove a few minutes to the riverbed. The kids had fun collecting sticks...


...which they used to play in the sand in the riverbed.

I had Stan take a belly picture which we were there - 6 and 1/2 weeks to go!
Rachel and I went out to get my hair trimmed and then to lunch. She is a fun lunch date. When we got home, we were in the mood for more dessert than fortune cookies, so we all had ice cream cones. What a weird way to eat a cone...

Saturday night after baths, I got ambitious and put foam curlers in Rachel's, Heather's, Gwen's and Kelly's hair. Summer was too busy catching up on homework she missed while she was sick last week and Michael was jealous. He gets left out of things around here. Last night, while Stan and I were on the phone with his parents, the girls were playing dress-up and Summer was putting lip gloss and mascara on Rachel , Heather, Kelly, and herself. Gwen was pretending to be George Washington, her new hero, and we could hear Michael in the background yelling, "I want makeup!! I want MAKEUP!!"

Rachel's hair is too thick and straight to have held the curl all the way through church, but her three younger sisters still looked like Shirley Temple when we got home, only cuter. And I'm not biased as their mother at all.

No comments: