Sunday, January 21, 2007

Whoosh...he's off!


Michael LOVES his nursery leader, which is understandable. She is very nice. He asks about her all week, "I go class with my teacher?" I like when Sunday comes around and I can answer in the affirmative, "Yes. Today you get to go to class with your teacher!"

I gave him the good news this morning at breakfast and he asked about her at least three times during sacrament meeting, so when I saw her go up onto the stand to give the closing prayer, I pointed her out to Michael. My mistake was not getting a good grip on the waistband of his pants before I did.

He was gone so fast, that I would have had to go up the steps to the podium to catch him. I decided that Michael, without his mother waddling after him (believe you me, I waddle these days) was enough of a spectacle, so I let him go. He pulled on her skirt halfway through the prayer, got a big hug from his teacher and a big smile from the bishop when it was over. Life is sweet when you're fast enough to get away and cute enough to charm everyone when you misbehave.

No comments: