Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend with the Grandparents

A couple weekends ago (I know, we are really behind on the blogging) both sets of grandparents traveled into town. Richard and Lorna also joined in the fun.

It was a really exciting weekend. Temperatures were the highest I have ever remembered them getting here. We were in the hundred and teens (!) all weekend AND The church building where they held the baptism didn't have working air conditioning. It was quite the adventure, but only the beginning. During Sunday School the next day, we all heard a rumbling sound. I thought it was thunder. Grandma Buppie thought it was terrorists. We were both wrong - it was an earthquake! The first one my parents had felt in 40 years. I was so excited. I've been wishing we could have an earthquake big enough to feel, but too small to do damage (the perfect kind) sometime when we had out of town guests ever since we moved to earthquake country and my dream came true!

Everyone was here for Gwen's baptism...

...Naomi's blessing...

...and waffles!

Stan's parents brought Kate and Jeremy along.

Grandma Buppie met Naomi for the first time.




Michael and Grandpa Dale were both caught sleeping. Michael slept through the camera's click, but Grandpa stirred and smiled as I took his picture.

No comments: