Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The San Diego Zoo

We left early on Monday the 22nd, before I listened to the news , to go to the San Diego Zoo. I should have realized there was something wrong when we saw this thick, dark cloud as we headed south on the freeway.

As we drove through the smoky part of San Diego County , this is what the sky looked like...

...and this was the sun.

Thankfully, the air at the zoo was clearer and even though it took us twice as long as usual to get there, we had a fun visit.

Some of my favorite animals are the large reptiles (which I might be seeing more of soon...) and they had some spectacular ones.

This male Indian Gharial was probably 5 or 6 yards long.

Here is a skeleton of a female.

Every time we go, I always have to see the Komodo Dragon!


















Naomi really liked this wood duck.












Here's a slide show of the pictures that need no explanations...





...and finally, some piggies and some piggies :)

No comments: