Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Funny Things the Kids Have Been Saying #2

The other day, we were out somewhere and someone was asking Michael about his siblings. He was being a little hesitant answering, so I prompted him, "How many sisters do you have?" Now this was a question he knew the answer to.

He promptly said, "Three and a half."



This next comment you may not find that funny; you may think to yourself, "Summer is right and Amy is completely in denial." I still think it is just silly, but, anyway, I needed a break the other evening. This happens every so often and Stan is kind enough to keep things going at home while I go off and do whatever. My cure for stress relief this time was shoe shopping - what better way to recalibrate my equilibrium? I was happy to get a great deal at Payless - some nifty brown sneakers for only $5! Definitely cheaper than psychotherapy :)

I came home recharged and happy with my new purchase. Summer is our resident, self-appointed, fashion cop, so I showed her my new footwear and asked what she thought. She considered them for a moment and said, "They're too young for you."

What ?!?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy...I noticed these sneakers on Saturday when you were going to the Dance festival carpooling and I think they are great. You are not OLD yet...& you are NOT in denial! Love you:)

AES said...

Oh thank you...thank you...thank you!

:)

Emily said...

You are not to young for those cute shoes.