Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday Morning at the Beach

We went to the beach yesterday. It is one thing that captures the interest of every member of our family, no matter what age. I wasn't sure we would be able to go back again before the end of the year or not, with the busyness of the holidays upon us, so we woke the kids up, jumped in the car and took off to get donuts on the way.

Stan caught a crab...

but I was satisfied with taking a picture of the one I found.

I took off by myself to climb on some rocks and look at the BIG starfish Stan told me he saw.

Summer and Gwen both enjoyed walking in the water.


Naomi spent a lot of the time following her dad around.

He kept her safe from the big bad surf...

...and gave her a lift back to the car.

I liked the colors in this picture, especially the way the red repeats. The problem with asking your kids to smile for a photo in the sun is that it is hard to get everyone with their eyes open at the same time.

There was a playground right before we got onto the beach that we had to stop at for a couple of minutes.

Here are Heather, Rachel and Mo, all defying gravity.


No comments: