Monday, November 17, 2008

Update on the Kids


Here are current pictures of everyone and a little bit about what they are up to.

Summer got her hair cut (about 5 or 6 inches off) a week and a half ago, on Saturday. Isn't she cute?


She is also following Elvis' code of dress (they are suede).


Rachel saved some money and had me give her the new haircut she has been wanting. I think (not very modestly) that her stylist did a fabulous job. Isn't she is cute, too?


She has been sewing skirts and displayed them at a church function recently.



Heather switched from violin to viola this year in Strings Class.
Since this is her second year, she is in the intermediate class. Gwen is in the beginning class, playing the violin. They both like to practice in my bedroom for the peace and relative quiet during the crazy time after school and before bedtime.


Gwen is enjoying her first year of public school. She goes to Science Club every Monday after school and loves it. She is also our first daughter to truly love hot lunch and breakfast. You couldn't have paid Summer to eat it while she was in school, but Gwen does almost every day. Here she is checking out the menu for the day on her way out the door in the morning.


Kelly is busy with first grade work.
Her reading is really taking off and she has decided to teach Michael how to do her math.

Here she is with her cute (and messy, because it is the end of the day)
I-am-going-to-class-today hair.



Michael drew this picture, brought it to me and said in one breath, "Can we get a cat and can it be a fancy cat like this one and I will clean up all the poop?!"

That last part is him anticipating my argument against pets of all types.


Naomi is busy being the I-am-cute-and-I-know-it member of the family.


She has a new bed, but it is still in our bedroom. Baby steps...


Last week, the kids had a couple days off of school. The first one, I took the five youngest and met a group of families to walk around a local botanic garden. Michael didn't want to be in this picture.


We found a few different kinds of mushrooms.


Jordyn (a friend's daughter) found other exciting things.


The next day we had off was spent going to the kids semi-annual dentist appointment. We LOVE the kids' dentist. He is really nice.

Nice enough to take all seven kids in a row. (Our pediatrician only lets me take in three at a time - ugh!)

Nice enough to let me take his picture with all the kids.


After the dentist, we headed over to IKEA to eat lunch and watch guys work on the roof.


After we ate, some of the kids checked into the play area and the rest of us shopped for about an hour, which was long enough to put Mo to sleep in the store.


4 comments:

Kath said...

I love to go to Ikea for lunch. The Swedish meatballs are so yummy :) Now I'm hungry!

AES said...

Mmmm...they are my favorite, too. The first time I ate lunch at IKEA, before I tried the meatballs, I had their shrimp and egg sandwich, which was delicious. So now, everytime I go I have an inner struggle - which one should I get - sandwich or meatballs? Should I try something new? The meatballs always win!

Anonymous said...

Your family is so nice looking! Summer and Rachel have really grown up! Such beautiful young ladies!

Anonymous said...

I totally just realized that was MY Jordyn!