Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maybe I Was in a Rut

Since I am not driving and too much shopping wears me out (sad, huh?) Stan has been doing all of the grocery shopping for the last three weeks, which I really appreciate. He has been doing all the dad stuff (and he has always been the kind of dad who helps a lot with the kids and the dishes) PLUS at least half of the mom stuff. I am sure he will be glad when I go back to braving the checkout lines, but in the meantime, he and the kids have been having some fun.

So far, they have brought home the following items that don't usually make it into the cart when I do the shopping -

an eggplant


a papaya


a fresh coconut


three kiwis


a bunch of red bananas and a plantain


three pints of blueberries


and some white nectarines
.



Next they are planning on buying some cassava root!



4 comments:

Lynne said...

My kids keep wanting me to get a coconut, but I honestly don't know what I would do with it. What did you do at your creative house?

AES said...

Stan poked a hole in it and we took turns drinking the milk, then he cracked it and chipped the meat off the inside of the shell for everyone to eat. It was quite the adventure :)

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

That sounds like stuff John would buy! I actually love it when he shops for us. I get so overwhelmed by too many choices.

My dad used to open coconuts like that and cut us slices to eat. I loved it!

AES said...

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by the choices. It is just quicker to get what I always get instead of taking time to think, but obviously more boring!