Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday Michael!

Our big boy is getting bigger. He turned six this past week.

One of the fun things we did was to go to the puppy store at the mall and play with a dachshund.

Michael wanted fish tacos for dinner. While I was shopping for some cilantro, I noticed the last few artichokes of the year, looking so sad and alone, I had to take one home (the kids wished I felt the same way about the dog). Actually, I bought one because they are Michael's favorite vegetable. Isn't he an interesting kid?

He is so interesting that he wanted chocolate covered strawberries and carrot cake with pineapple cream cheese frosting. It was a yummier combination than it sounds like :)

We sure love our Michael :)




5 comments:

Job said...

What a slacker of a Home Teacher! I didn't even know. Next time I come, I will get a list and put them in my phone. Then I'll never forget. Happy Birthday Michael!

Alyssa McVey said...

Happy birthday Michael! All that fruit for his bday sounds good to me! It's a good way to bid farewell to summer (season, not sister lol).

Jenny said...

My boys love artichokes too! What a cute little guy he is. I love how specific he is in what he wants.

Christine said...

I love your cute girrafe cake! I am terrible with frosting.

I guess I havn't been over here in awhile so I had fun catching up on your posts! (I still need to put you in my sidebar!!)

I can't believe you guys had a date on the roof! So brave but what a great idea too!

I love the creativity in your family...paper flowers...cool necklaces and fun toe nail polish! You inspire me to try new things :) :)

AES said...

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and compliments :)