Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

I am not a big get-ready-for-Halloween-early person. Actually, I ban the kids from even talking to me about how they want to dress up until two hours before they need to be dressed, because they change their minds until then anyway and because I am a Halloween Grinch.

We did a few fun things, though.

The Saturday before the Saturday before Halloween, while Summer took the ACT, the six other kids and I went to a Halloween party at a park, mostly because they advertised free pumpkins. There was also a free carousel. I like free.




The kids liked the candy. Naomi figured out how to be efficient and eat both her lollipops at the same time.

Gwen wanted nothing more than to climb on instead of go through, the straw maze, so as they were closing down, I let her.



It was an especially fun day because we went to dinner at the home of some friends from back East who recently moved to our neck of the woods - Parrish and Mindy for those of you who know them. Our kids really like their kids. After we left, Heather said being at their house was the best day of her life.

The Monday before the big day, we planned on carving pumpkins for FHE. Rachel's friend from school had never in her life carved a pumpkin, so she joined us for the festivities.




Last night, we went to the Trunk or Treat at church. Michael was a farmer and Naomi was a princess, and is wearing our home teacher's wife's sweater, because she was so cold.

Kelly was a pioneer and Gwen was another farmer. We have a sort of fascination with overalls going among the younger set around here.

My costume was a glow in the dark fimo clay mustache necklace because I like any excuse to make jewelry (even cheesy-when-will-I-ever-wear-this-again-jewelry).

Today, we finished off the candy and cake and cookies and brownies (from the cake walk) for lunch. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I absolutely love your family of pumpkins!