Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sad, very sad.

Something very sad that happened last year was, we had to take out the big, beautiful tree in our front yard. It was always one of my favorite things about our house. Sigh.

One day in May, my mom, my sister Sara and I were sewing quietly for Summer's wedding and the whole house shook. Living where we do, we assumed it was an earthquake, but when we went outside, our silver maple had dropped a branch on the roof. 


You can see here that the tree was rotting in the middle. Oh, well.


Finally, a year later, we have planted a couple of baby trees. I look forward to watching them grow. Grow, trees, grow!


2 comments:

Renee said...

That is such a bummer :-( I always think it's so sad when big beautiful trees have to be cut down. Definitely understand why in this case. Great choices on the new trees however. The purple leaf plum trees are so pretty.

AES said...

I have always loved those purple leaf plums and now we have one :) I am excited to see both trees get bigger!