Friday, January 29, 2010

This Morning

Summer needed to get to school early and get ready with the orchestra to play at Disneyland this evening. It's pretty fun for them: they go on rides all day and then perform in the evening.

Stan needed to get to work early because he has reports to get done today, so he was going to take Summer and then I would take the other three school girls.

We had it all planned out, but you've heard what they say about the best laid plans...

6:15 - I was in the throes of a nightmare about Rachel getting engaged at 16 and married at 18 when Stan woke me up to ask for help getting a permission slip filled out for Summer.

6:32 - Stan took Summer and Rachel to seminary

6:53 - Summer, after leaving seminary early, was almost to school on time when she realized that she left her cello at home.

6:55 - I dragged the three little kids out of bed an hour and a half earlier than they are used to and tossed clothes at them, while I told them to get dressed because we had to take kids to school.

7:10 - Summer rushed in to get her cello. I got a second goodbye kiss from Stan (not a bad development).

7:15 - I left with the five youngest to pick up Rachel from seminary.

7:25 - Rachel peered into the car and asked, "Where is my stuff?" I asked if she needed it and she pointed out it means a detention if she doesn't have it, so I pulled out my phone to call Stan.

7:26 - Stan realized that he had Rachel's bag and we called each other simultaneously a couple times, which caused our calls to go to voice mail twice each. Then he got smart and called Rachel's phone to plan a spot to meet.

7:35 - We arrived at the gas station we agreed on and Rachel got her bag and hoodie.

7:44 - Just as I was pulling up in front of Rachel's high school, Summer called. She told me she was in big trouble because she forgot her close toed shoes and Disneyland WILL NOT allow any performers on stage in open toed shoes. Rachel went to school.

7:47 - Gwen ran into the house and grabbed Summer's close toed shoes.

8:01 - I dropped Heather and Gwen off at school.

8:08 - I handed Summer her shoes through the locked fence at her high school while she sheepishly agonized over walking past the entire orchestra with her shoes in hand.

Whew!

When it was all done and everyone was where they belonged, it seemed kind of funny, ha ha :)


2 comments:

Alyssa McVey said...

Sounds like an exciting day. Good job pulling it off!

AES said...

Thanks, it was dicey there for a bit!