Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kids at the Park

We went to the park for FHE this week. I played tennis with Rachel for a while. I was kind of nervous about it because I haven't played tennis since I broke my back. I was afraid that one of my favorite sports (not that I am any good, but I like to try) would make me hurt, but I was fine. Hooray!

We all ate a picnic dinner and then Summer and Rachel disappeared to sit in the car for the last 15 minutes of the trip while the younger kids played on the playground. Of course, I didn't start taking pictures until then, so I apologize for the lack of teenagers.

I don't know what Michael was looking at, but it must have been interesting...

This was a good climbing tree.

Earlier that day, while she was at school, Gwen cracked her tooth in half. I was prepared to make the two hour round trip to their dentist to have it checked out, but Stan was more pragmatic. He looked at it, said, "That tooth just needs to come out," and promised Gwen $5 if she pulled it out before the end of the evening. That is ten times what the tooth fairy usually brings to our house, so she went right to work and it was out before bedtime.

Finally Heather, in another tree, up near the top!

4 comments:

sjones said...

My dad broke his back over 20 years ago and he still plays tennis when he can!
The tooth thing sounds like something my dad would do and say as well!!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

You have such great and adorable kids!

Alyssa McVey said...

Hurray for not hurting! I can't believe it's almost been a year. I was looking at the photos of you ice skating and thinking to myself. "She's brave to do that so soon after she broke her back". Then I realized it's been a while. :)

AES said...

Thanks Jen :)

Yay for tennis! Yay for ice skating!

I'd love to hear your dad's story sometime, Shantel...