Friday, August 27, 2010

Homeschooling and Hair


Michael starts kindergarten this year. Here he is with our beloved teacher, Brigette. This is our twelfth year homeschooling with her and she is one of our favorite people in the universe :)

It took half a dozen shots to get the nice picture above because Michael kept making faces like this -


Here are the three kids who will be home with me this year. Heather is in seventh grade and Naomi is fancy free - the only kid not in school this year.


The public school kids started this week, too. This year, Summer is a senior, Rachel is a sophomore, Gwen is in sixth grade and Kelly is starting public school for the first time in third grade. Woohoo Kelly :)



Did you notice Naomi's shorter hair in the picture above? She started her hair cut a couple of months ago and I finally got around to leveling it off. Can you tell I was a little sad to see her long hair go?


BEFORE
AFTER


I've noticed I left a little dip in the back, so it will be like most of the haircuts I give the kids - a multi day project that finally meets quality control standards after a few days. A few days of more cutting or a few days of learning to ignore the imperfections. Like my dad always said, "The difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is about a week."

No comments: