Monday, August 09, 2010

The Worst Cookies I've Ever Made

Heather wanted oatmeal cookies to take to camp and I thought I'd try a new recipe. I found one in a cook book I bought at the library book sale, Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything".

I was skeptical when I saw milk in the ingredients because I am not a big fan of cakey cookies, but the title of the cookbook is so confident, I decided to trust him.

Oh well, live and learn.

Even packed with craisins and butterscotch chips, then slightly undercooked, they were dry as bones. Ugh!

So, I baked half the batch and have a blob of cookie dough in the fridge that I am not willing to toss because of the aforementioned craisins and chips, so what is a girl to do? I think I'll try to redeem them with icing and take them to the Ward FHE treat potluck next Monday!

There you go, just another benefit to reading my blog. If you are going to the Ward FHE, you now know to avoid my cookies!


p.s. If you have a recipe you like from Mark's book, please leave it in the comments, so I know what is worth trying next :)

2 comments:

A&J said...

you should just add, like, a stick and a half of butter and see if that helps

itchandscratch said...

I am glad you qualified it as the worst *cookies* you've ever made. Seems like you made much worse stuff than this growing up.