Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays, Everywhere

During my most recent unintended blog hiatus, we had three birthdays. Stan starts each year off on a happy note with his January natal celebration.

Happy Birthday Stan!

Instead of a cake, he wanted some exotic fruits. I had fun shopping for them. All cut up and arranged, they were as pretty as, if not prettier than a cake ( at least the ones I decorate!).

We had pineapple, horned melon, blueberries, mangoes, kiwi and bananas.
It was really yummy :)

My birthday came next. My family made me some of my favorite foods for dinner - roast chicken, asparagus and scalloped potatoes.

Amanda bought me a Dairy Queen birthday cake. It was mint Oreo - mmm.

Michael gave me this card with my gift. I thanked him and asked, "What is it - a ladybug or a strawberry?" He replied, "Neither one. It is an apple with bruises!"

My sister Claire gave me a too good to be true gift...Happy Birthday to me!

Last, but not least ( in more ways than one) Naomi turned four! It made me realized that we really don't have any babies anymore, even though I tell all the kids that they will always be my babies, not matter how big they get...

Heather, Gwen, Kelly and Michael went together and bought her these hat and gloves from the dollar aisle at Target. I made her a cake with lots of her favorite color on it - PINK!

Happy Birthday Naomi!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh my! Happy Birthday to all of you! It's been busy over there:)