Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nineteen years ago today...

...Stan proposed :)

I had known for a while that I wanted to marry him, so when he asked me, I didn't hesitate and said, "Yes!" (obviously). Here is our engagement picture.

He was a darling from the get go. He had a couple of thousand dollars in savings when we got engaged. He used almost half of it to pay off the credit agencies that were after me (!) and the rest he spent on my rings. My mother had an engagement ring with an emerald and I really liked the idea of a colored gemstone, so that is what we looked for when we went shopping. I picked my favorite setting and we decided on an emerald, too. I wore it for a day or two and Stan kind of sheepishly admitted that he didn't like it. The stone was too dark, so back we went to the jeweler's. I chose a tourmaline that was flawless and we left the ring there to have the stone changed. After I picked it up and wore it for a few hours, I noticed that the guy who changed the stones had cracked it! How annoying!

We had to go back and choose another tourmaline, which wasn't quite as perfect, but I still think it is lovely. The saleslady was glad to see us go get married, already! So was I :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't think I've ever looked at your wedding ring! Congratulations! Next year will be a really big one.

42snazoo said...

I don't think I ever knew that story about the emerald...

I like the pink tourmaline, I think it fits your personality :)

Christine said...

I love your ring!! And I love your cute engagement picture ;)

AES said...

Thank you, Sara & Christine!