Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Fun Day

Yesterday morning, I was privileged to attend the temple marriage of Tim and Fatema. Isn't she a beautiful bride? She attends the Deaf Branch in our ward building and is my friend from seeing her smiling face in the halls at church on Sundays :)

Here are the bride and groom with their mothers outside the temple.

I picked up Summer and she went with me to Fatema and Tim's reception. Isn't is a lovely cake? They had it at an Indian restaurant's banquet hall and lunch was delicious. Even though I didn't know I didn't know Fatema's family, they were so kind to me. Her mother was especially gracious.

After the reception, Summer and I went to my friend Tammy's 80th birthday party. She was my first friend as a newly married and relocated to California girl. She lived across the street from us and we had such fun being neighbors. We have a special kinship because we both have birthdays in Feb. (her party was a month after the fact). She is well loved and it was one big shindig! She had guests from as far away as Finland :)

When we got home, Rachel had saved some of the snail cookies for us that she made. They were too delicious!

Last, but not least, Summer, Rachel and I went to Anthony's Eagle Court of Honor. Long time readers may remember meeting Anthony (he's a friend from our ward) here. His Court of Honor was a very nice occasion, as fitting a very nice young man.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Your post reminds me that when we're friendly we have friends wherever we go. How wonderful for you to be able to celebrate with them! We were there the night he was at his eagle board of review but we couldn't make his court of honor. So glad you were there! So exciting. (We're supposed to do a combined one with like 5 families in our ward but we can't schedule it until May!) It's OK right now hes happy with just his eagle card.

AES said...

How fun for Taylor to be a part of a big group, even though he has to wait a bit :)