Monday, October 13, 2008

Camping With the Young Women

This past weekend, I went camping with ten young women, three pre-young women and five other adults. It was a lot of fun. So much fun that I didn't take much time to take pictures and when all of us were supposed to be taking pictures, Summer was using my camera. So, I've included a couple of the pictures she took :)

We arrived Friday night in time for dinner which was Dutch oven cooking by Br. H. Then there were games, a devotional by Sister L., hot chocolate and bed (but not sleep). I was happy to announce to everyone trying to sleep at six in the morning that it had snowed during the night - how exciting (and how annoying of me!).

Saturday we had Dutch oven breakfast and sweet rolls before a photography class by Br. L. and Br. M. Then we were off to hike and go on a photography scavenger hunt.

Finally, back to camp for lunch and packing up - it went so quickly, we'll just have to do it again!


3 comments:

Kath said...

I think I've finally recovered from my sleepless night! I'm getting too old for all nighters. It was fun wasn't it! I hope we can do it again.

AES said...

I hope so, too :)

Emily said...

I am sad that I missed this one. Maybe I can go on the next campout!!! I know a great site by the beach....hint, hint...