Friday, October 07, 2011

Camping

Here's my last August catch up post. Early in the month, we drove through hours of traffic to go camping at the beach. Someone in the back seat took this while I was driving on the PCH.

We set up camp Thursday night, ate Dutch oven enchiladas, and cheesecake I made at home. We sat by the fire a while, packed up all the food and went to bed. I was really glad we were careful about putting dinner away, because some raccoons and...

...either an army of rodents, or one very persistent muddy squirrel came looking for food in the night.

One of the days we were there, I took Rachel and Naomi shopping and Stan took the other kids hiking. I think Heather took these pictures -



Friday night, we had another, bigger fire and roasted things. Hotdogs, sausages...

...marshmallows...

...bananas stuffed and wrapped in foil...

(before)

(after)

...and pickles! (that was not my idea)

We spent as much time as we could on the beach.






We missed having Summer with us, but it was a fun trip.

No comments: