Sunday, October 02, 2011

Unrelated

The kids have been watching me make books. They wanted to try it out. On Labor Day, when everyone was home from school, we sat down together and created. Some of the kids didn't finish all the way and I finally (you know how it is with projects) helped the last two with their stitching yesterday. Rachel also made a second one while she listened to General Conference.

I was so excited that everyone's book was finally done and wanted to take a picture of ALL of them together...but Naomi couldn't find her book. She looked everywhere. Then I offered anyone a dollar if they found it before 12:30 and a few of her siblings helped her look even more. No luck. I looked everywhere. Still no luck. I really wanted my picture, so I upped it to $2, then five! That's a lot for a cheapo like me.

Now, Gwen is $5 richer and here is my picture! I hope you enjoy it :)

For Naomi's and Michael's criss cross bound books, they chose the ribbon and papers and I got everything ready. I helped get their stitching started, but they did most of it on their own. Kelly and Gwen each made a do-si-do book after choosing their own piles of pretty papers. Heather picked some of my Italian butterfly paper to cover her stab bound book and Rachel made a couple pamphlet stitched books, one embellished with her name.

For lunch yesterday, I made some fruit dip and Kelly cut up pears and bananas. She got creative with her presentation :)

Last night, Stan went out to the backyard to run around the track a couple of times, but instead, came in and asked who wanted to see a raccoon. A bunch of us rushed out, but Heather followed it up a tree taking pictures all the way. This was the best one. The whole time I was looking at it, I kept wanting to ask if it liked chicken, "Huh, huh, do you? Like chicken, huh?!?"

No comments: