Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween...bleh

Ugh. I don't like this "holiday" much. Just call me a Halloween Grinch (thanks to my cousin Lorna and Dr. Seuss for the name).

I don't like the blood, gore or general mayhem. There are a few things I love about the day, though.

I love the treats. I eat way too much candy. Maybe my stomachache is adding to my grumpiness. These are the Gingersnap Jack o' Lanterns I sent to Kelly's class party.

I love carving pumpkins. Thanks to the Elder's Quorum who threw a fun party Friday night that included a pumpkin carving contest. My owl won me a big chocolate bar :)

I also love seeing the kids dressed up and having fun. I usually (except late at night while I type, apparently) suppress my bad mood and try to have fun for their sakes. Aren't they adorable?

Naomi the Princess

Michael the Knight

Kelly the Cowgirl

Gwen the Moon

Heather the Greek Goddess

Rachel the Hippie

2 comments:

Christine said...

Very cute (those cookies look good too) Jeff doesn't like scary, creepy Halloween. We always keep it cutsey at our house (but my boys did buys a mildly frightning old man mask last year and like to play with it)

Alyssa McVey said...

They all look great! I hate all the gory stuff about Halloween, too, but I love dressing up the kids!