Saturday, October 29, 2011

While I'm on the subject...

A couple of things I wish I'd known about Pinterest before I started:

You don't have to follow all the boards of the people you follow. If you are not interested in that particular board, go to their name and unfollow just that board.

It isn't rude to change the description of the pin if you repin it.

To "mention" someone, just type the @ sign into your description and them their name. They'll be notified, so if I want to show Summer something, that is what I do. It is also good to mention a pinner if you are pinning their work.

My favorite tip - when you pin something from a website, select the wording from the original site you want and it becomes your description text - easy peasy.

Finally, make sure if you pin something from a website that it's a permalink. It is frustrating to come across a fascinating project, follow the link and it goes to a blog post that has nothing to do with the pinned project. I also try to remember to be thorough and check the things I repin before I add them to my boards to make sure the link is good.

Happy Pinning :)


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by all of this but when I play around with it more, I'll be able to ask an intelligent question...:)

AES said...

Sounds like a plan :)