Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey, haven't I seen you before?

Yesterday, I dropped the two biggest girls off for seminary and went to get gas. I filled my tank and went to stand in line for my change, when another lady stepped just in front of me. She was there for a couple of minutes while she put some money on a gas pump and bought a pack of cigarettes. I stood behind her and noticed the color of her hair.

After I got my change, I mailed some stuff at the post office, went home to feed the three youngest and the four of us took off. We dropped off Kelly to take her standardized tests for school and Michael, Mo and I went to Walmart where we bought freezer jam pectin, a cake plate with a dome on it (I've been wanting one for a while) and a Mothers" Day card. We drove back to school for Kelly, returned some books to the library and picked up a quarter yard of green lycra to alter a swimsuit with.

As I was leaving the parking lot, Summer called. "Did you know I stayed home sick?" (I had no idea.) "When are you coming home?" I told her I was on my way and why didn't she clean up after breakfast for me so that we could eat lunch as soon as I got there. Poor girl, there is no rest for the down and out around here!

I fed the oldest and three youngest and, taking advantage of my newly discovered babysitter, took off on my own to run a couple of errands before I had to pick Rachel, Heather and Gwen up. I rushed into our doctors' offices to get something from the pharmacy and ended up in line behind one lady while I waited for my turn to pay. Her shirt looked familiar. I had seen that hair somewhere. It was driving me crazy. I had to mentally go over every place I had gone and every line I had stood in when I finally realized she was the same person who was in front of me at the gas station. I was so excited when I remembered, that I blurted, "Did you buy gas at Food 4 Less this morning? I was in line behind you twice today!" She said, "Yea, I remember you now!"

After all the places I went...isn't that funny?


2 comments:

sjones said...

That is funny!
I am going to do that frock by Friday only not this Friday it will be probably be next week or so.

AES said...

I'm excited for you and can't wait to see it :)